Re: [Exim] Is exim in trouble?

Author: Ben-Nes Michael
To: Wakko Warner, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Is exim in trouble?

> > In the early days of any new technology, everybody studies what
> > everybody else is doing, copies what they can, and tries to improve on
> > it. Somebody built the first car - lots of people followed (patent for
> > vehicle with 4 wheels, anybody?). One car maker invented the flashing
> > light for turning indicators - within a few years, they were all doing
> > it. There are plenty of similar examples.
>
> IIRC, it was Henry Ford who made the first car (Interestingly, I have 2
> Fords).

Sorry but your wrong :(

1885 - Gottlieb Daimler invented what is often recognized as the prototype
of the modern gas engine - with a vertical cylinder, and with gasoline
injected through a carburetor (patented in 1887). Daimler first built a
two-wheeled vehicle the "Reitwagen" (Riding Carriage) with this engine and a
year later built the world's first four-wheeled motor vehicle.

Henry started manufacturing 24 year after the first French car factory
opened.

Any way sometimes patents are good as they protect the small inventor from
corporate theft.

I don't really think exim is under threat of some kind, open source is very
strong concept.

Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager