Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim
> On Friday 29 August 2003 17:49, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth wrote:
> > Are there any decent open source virus scanners that work well with
> > exim via exiscan on a Linux server (for windows clients)? The only
> > scanners I have found are commercial.
>
> I'd just like to echo Sheldon's comments. I installed ClamAV about a year ago
> and it's been working flawlessly on my server since then. It even comes with
> a daemon which updates the virus definitions automatically. How cool is that?

Thanks. I grabbed the package and built it. I'm now in the process
of configuring exim/exiscan to use it. I'm sure I'll find a howto
for this somewhere, which should make things easy.

> PS Do yourself a favour if you haven't installed SpamAssassin yet either :-))

I've been running SA for over a year. Between SA and a few
blacklists (spamhaus.org and korea, china, nigeria, rackspace from
blacklists.us) I get almost no spam. The only things slipping
through are the extremely short (one or two lines) spams. I bet if I
add the dynamic ip blacklist those will disappear, too - but I'm not
quite ready to block dynamic ips (I was on a dynamic ip address for
years so I know what it's like to be blocked).

Rossz