Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim
On (2003/08/29 08:49), Rossz Vamos-Wentworth wrote:

> Are there any decent open source virus scanners that work well with
> exim via exiscan on a Linux server (for windows clients)? The only
> scanners I have found are commercial.

I can't recommend ClamAV enough.

I maintain the FreeBSD port for Exim, and I've avoided siding with any
particular AV scanner for years.

Recently, I tried out ClamAV as a replacement for Sophos and it blew my
socks off. I'm so impressed that I've added instructions to the port
for getting it to play with with Exim on FreeBSD.

I posted my notes to this mailing list last week. Check the archives,
but keep in mind that they may not suit your Linux installation
entirely.

Ciao,
Sheldon.