Re: [Exim] [!] Sorta fetchmail solution wanted

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] [!] Sorta fetchmail solution wanted
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 05:44:09PM +0200, Bastian Bense wrote:
[...]
> The customer's mail arrives on the ISP's mail server, where the
> customer has a so called 'multipop' mailbox, which means that all
> mails, no matter what the To: header says, go into that one mailbox.
> The local (which I configure) server then uses a tool like fetchmail
> and downloads all mails to process them further and let exim deliver
> them the the users' mailboxes.

> My question is, how do I configure this standard multipop setup? Which
> tool do I use?

[...]

fetchmail

And the first thing you are going to check is whether it can be done
reliably at all and tell your customer if is not possible.

Requirements:
- ISP saves the Envelope-To information in some special header
(Envelope-To, Delivered-To) upon delivering to the POP3 mailbox.
- if you send mail to a@???,b@???, there'll be two
mails in the POP-box, one for each recipient.

If these requirements are not fullfilled you _will_ have problems with
mail that has not got the recipient in to or cc, i.e. for example
mailing lists or Bcc'd mail.
                cu andreas