Re: [Exim] [!] Sorta fetchmail solution wanted

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David Woodhouse
To: Bastian Bense
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] [!] Sorta fetchmail solution wanted
On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 17:44 +0200, Bastian Bense wrote:
> The customer's mail arrives on the ISP's mail server, where the
> customer has a so called 'multipop' mailbox, which means that all
> mails, no matter what the To: header says, go into that one mailbox.

The To: header is completely irrelevant anyway. What's important is the
destination address given in the RCPT TO:<> command. It may bear no
relation to any addresses found in the To: or Cc: headers.

> The local (which I configure) server then uses a tool like fetchmail
> and downloads all mails to process them further and let exim deliver
> them the the users' mailboxes.
>
> My question is, how do I configure this standard multipop setup? Which
> tool do I use? Has anyone a example configuration maybe?

There is no standard way of doing this -- POP3 does not provide any
support for it. Demon Internet in the UK have a non-standard POP3
extension -- a '*ENV' command which returns the envelope sender and
recipient addresses. Hopefully, your provider provides something
similar; otherwise, you may have to resort to grovelling around in
Received headers to see if you can glean the information from there or
something.

--
dwmw2