Re: [Exim] Autoreply transport resulting in DEFER

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Simon Alman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Autoreply transport resulting in DEFER
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Simon Alman wrote:

> Personally I'm running two exim processes as follows:
>
> /usr/exim/bin/exim -C /usr/exim/exim.in -bd
> /usr/exim/bin/exim -C /usr/exim/exim.out -q15m

Why are you using -C for both of them? Surely you only need -C for one
of them?

> If you are using multiple configuration files (as I am) then I can't see
> any obvious way around the issue - other than allowing the spools to be
> writable by anyone (which I'm not about to do). Any thoughts/help would
> be welcome ?

A less convenient way of using multiple configuration files is actually
to build two different binaries, each of which has screwed into it the
name of its configuration file. (Or, if you feel like being a real
hacker, build one binary, copy it, and patch the file name. This is
catered for - look in the binary for the text "<-----------Space to
patch configure_filename->" which follows the inbuilt name, thus
allowing you to patch in a longer name.)

Philip