Re: [Exim] Block user-at-domain.tld file list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Jetmore
A: Andreas J Mueller
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Block user-at-domain.tld file list
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Andreas J Mueller wrote:

> Thanks. I've changed the above to
>
> !^[a-z][\da-z]{2,15}@???$ # valid AOL screen names
>
> Maybe we should tell AOL that they allow 3-letter account names. ;-)

=). I don't know much about AOL's backend, but it's possible that true
accounts must be 5-16 but aliases can be of a different format? Our mail
system was set up that way for a while. If someone had asked me what a
valid account name was, they would have gotten a different answer than if
they had asked what a valid email address was.

another possibility was that he told you what current format was and
didn't consider legacy accounts. This guy's had his address forever.
This isn't it, but it's as common as bob@???. As I understand it he
was an early investor in AOL.

--John