Re: [Exim] feature request: use of RFC 1832 option 69

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] feature request: use of RFC 1832 option 69
[Please learn proper quoting!]
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:05:48PM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> Il 26 Aug 2003 alle 14:35, Philip Hazel immise in rete:
>> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>>> Whitin dhcp options there is one (number 69) that allow to supply the
>>> SMTP address for a smnarthost.
>>> would be useful for portable pc users to have it available automatically .

>> This is far too special-case to be built into Exim. Surely it is better
>> to have a separate DHCP client that finds this at start-up, and puts it
>> somewhere for Exim to use?

> Partially correct !
> 1. what is the place where exim would read the smarthost option (would
> be nice to have a /var/lib/exim/smarthost file that if present would
> contain the smarthost address ....

[...]
Any place that you instruct exim to look for. For example:

smarthost:
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * ${readfile{/var/lib/exim/smarthost}{}}
host_find_failed = defer
same_domain_copy_routing = yes
no_more
> a possible option would be to allow for this file [useful also for static
> situtions, but where there is a mumber of domains that deserve special
> considerations] to have also a syntax of type

>*.re : A[help.mail.lo]
># all mail to .re tld would be handled by the machine help.mail.lo
>! *.there.myorg.org : MX[myorg.org]

Not that powerful, but imho more than powerful enough for _sane_
szenarios:
route_data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim4/maualrouting}}
                 cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"