RE: [Exim] Autoreply transport resulting in DEFER

Autor: Jan-Peter Koopmann
A: exim-users
CC: ph10
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Autoreply transport resulting in DEFER
Hi Philip,

> > 39356 address_reply transport returned DEFER for
> > ><j.koopmann@???>
>
> That's the problem. You need to find out why it did that.
> Maybe running with a higher debug level would help.

No it does not unfortunately. But it seems to be a permission problem.
Once we used the user "root" everything worked. We changed it to user
mailnull group mail and it again worked. Other users do not. This seems
to be a directory right problem of some sort. Maybe
/var/spool/exim/input or something like that?

> That is why it is a local transport.

Understood. Makes sense.

Regards,
JP