Re: [Exim] Blocking Domains with out Their Knowledge

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gordon McKee
Cc: Andreas Metzler, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Blocking Domains with out Their Knowledge
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Gordon McKee wrote:

> Got it working with the discard option. I am not sure what was happening
> before, as I tried the 3 options and they all seemed to contact the sender.

As was previously posted, an Exim server does NOT contact the sender
when it blocks an SMTP command. Any message that gets sent to the sender
in that circumstance is generated by the sending client MTA. (If the
client happens to be Exim, then, with its client hat on, yes, it will
generate a bounce message. But the Exim server does not.)