Re: [Exim] Blocking Domains with out Their Knowledge

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Blocking Domains with out Their Knowledge
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:22:50PM +0100, Gordon McKee wrote:
> I have an ACL to block certain domains, the only problem is exim
> sends a message back to the sender with the email address they sent
> the message to.
>
> How can I stop exim sending the warning back.
>
> I have tried drop, discard and deny and the all send a message back
> to the sender.

Exim does NOT send back any bounce *if* you take care of the message in
the in the acl, the smtp dialogue looks like this:
* deny
sender:message for certain.domains
exim:550 don't wanna.

* drop
sender:message for certain.domains
exim:550 don't wanna
exim closes the connection.
The /sender/ then sends bounce, basically saying "tried to deliver, but
recipient said "don't wanna".

OTOH discard looks exactly the same for sender as if the message was
accepted. Could you show us a bounce and your ACLs?

I think your ACLs just accept the message and one of your routers
produces a bounce.
          cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"