Re: [Exim] Blocking Certain Addresses From CatchAll

Autor: Brian Downer
A: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Blocking Certain Addresses From CatchAll
Actually, I switched to catchall about a year ago because of spam.
Since then I've found that the mass majority of spam that I receive is
from websites that sell my address rather then spammers guessing a
valid address. With this catchall setup when a website sends me
unsolicited mail or sells the address I gave them I simply block the
address and that's it.
I've been doing it this way for year and have only had one instance
where I received spam to an address that I never gave out...or at least
I don't remember giving it out.
But your way of selectively allowing addresses works too. I'm just too
lazy to update the config file everytime I signup where new.

Thanks
-Brain