Re: [Exim] NewStuff/spec.txt comments

Author: John Jetmore
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] NewStuff/spec.txt comments
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Hmm. The change bars in the 4.20 documentation should show you
> everything that has changed between 4.10 and 4.20. I guess you then have
> to subtract the NewStuff for 4.14 if you want to know the 4.14->4.20
> changes.

I actually forgot about the bars, but I came to the same conclusion about
diffing the files - I'd get repeats for the stuff I'd already read for
4.12, 4.14, etc.

However, since I just actually went and tried it, it looks like skimming
spec.txt for \|$ is worthwhile as some of the changes are not simple
plug-n-play to the docs but get worked in. Probably worth reading it in
context although there's probably value in having a simple list also.

> It's just hard to know exactly how to present the relevant information
> conveniently, without having to spend an inordinate amount of time doing
> so.
>
> But I'll try to bear this in mind.

Yeah, I can't imagine how much work it must be keeping it all straight.
Thank you for the excellent job you do at it.

--John