[Exim] Dial-up/UUCP Configuration

Author: Andrew Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Dial-up/UUCP Configuration
Good Day,

First off, please pardon me for being an idiot; and for the record I try
hard every day not to be an idiot, but sometimes....... .. :\ It just doesn't
happen, so.. Today ...

I'm relatively unfamiliar with both exim and UUCP, which I'm setting up
now for a dial-up server.

Mail is supposed to be sent out via UUCP when uucico is run. My problem is
that even if the UUCP router is the *only* router not commented out, when
mail destined for external hosts is sent exim invokes a dialup
immediately to lookup the MX record for that host. :\

Adding no_verify to the router specification doesn't help? :\

I'm aware that I could set exim to just spool everything until the queue
is flushed, ala-normal people, but my employers would be much happier if
the mail is sent via UUCP.

Can anyone give me a hint, or send me a working configuration file for
such a setup to look @? (I'm not on the list, so please CC me)

Thankyou for your trouble, all who read this.

Regards,
AL.