Re: [Exim] store-and-forward mailserver

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] store-and-forward mailserver
Hi Nico, on Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:10:58 +0200 you wrote:

> Is there a way to make the external mailserver (running exim 4.x)
> check incoming mails against a list of known internal mail addresses

Yes, you can either duplicate your user list to the external server
(perhaps using something like LDAP), or (even simpler), just enable SMTP
callouts for recipient verification. Something like this I think (off the
top of my head so syntax may be wrong):

verify = recipient/callout=15s/callout_defer_ok

Then, when your "outside" server gets a RCPT TO:, it will "call forward"
to the inside server and see if that recipient is accepted. If it is, it
will accept, if not reject. It works brilliantly.

Tim