Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl patch error

Author: Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net]
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl patch error
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> But this sounds like a corrupt patch or tarball. Did you check the MD5
> checksums?

Actually, it was a corrupt patch. At the time I downloaded it I was using
a very lame terminal that was 80x25, and the best facility I had available
was Lynx -dump (which dumped with some term-based linewraps). Once I got
home and had more flexibility I was able to get the patch in its intended
form. =)

All is well now, and I'm off to install clamd, test it, then add it to my
ACL. At least for the moment we can now block the varied and nefarious
attachment types.

> Oh wait, the port does that for you.
>
> Use the port, Luke. :-)

I use ports for stuff that doesn't run as a daemon and leave a listening
socket. ;) There's just something about leaving an open socket that
makes me feel more comfortable knowing I've thoroughly reviewed every
involved Makefile before I go on vacation. ;)

-CA

-- Christopher R. Allen ---- cra@??? --
-- "Education is a progressive discovery of our --
-- own ignorance." ---------------- Will Durant --