Re: [Exim] defer / timeout alerts -- suggestions?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: jvanasco
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] defer / timeout alerts -- suggestions?
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 jvanasco@??? wrote:

> in either of those cases, when someone here mails something they
> believe it has been instantly transmitted. and blame goes to me for
> any holdup. I'd like to be able to get advance warning that email is
> having troubles -- rather than wait for a boss to start screaming.
>
> anyone got suggestions?

Put the following router at the start of your routers:

warn_of_delay:
driver = accept
condition = ${if > {$message_age}{3600}{yes}{no}}
transport = warn_of_delay
unseen

Also add this transport:

warn_of_delay:
driver = autoreply
to = your.address
text = Message $message_id is older than an hour

Those are off the top of my head. Untested. Some important options may
have been omitted. YMMV. Note that "unseen" is important.

Alternatively, write a script that runs "exim -bp" and analyses the
output.