[Exim] defer / timeout alerts -- suggestions?

Autor: jvanasco
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] defer / timeout alerts -- suggestions?
Can anyone think of a good way for exim to alert an address if it
receives one or more  of these:
    T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out
    T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

It seems that 2 things have been happening lately:

a) dns just doesn't work (its more than this ms worm stuff. its seems
to be happening to bind as well)
b) one of our client's mta's is all messed up

in either of those cases, when someone here mails something they
believe it has been instantly transmitted. and blame goes to me for
any holdup. I'd like to be able to get advance warning that email is
having troubles -- rather than wait for a boss to start screaming.

anyone got suggestions?