RE: Re[2]: [Exim] Problems with recipient verification - Con…

Author: Stephen D. Malenshek
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: Re[2]: [Exim] Problems with recipient verification - Continued.....
It is so bad that I have turned off all filtering options and have
started setting up four new machines with the proper configurations so
that I can take the production servers offline and correct them. I have
setup another postgresql box with the updated database configurations,
and three machines for exim. One, mta03 will receive all smtp mail and
execute spam assassin, mta04 will receive all mail from mta03 and virus
scan it with exiscan, and mta05 will receive all mail from mta04 and
deliver it locally with courier doing pop3 delivery. I am doing this
hoping that the temporary machines will not buckle under the load. On
three occasions last week, I crashed the quad processor machines with
runaway processes that pushed the box up 42 on the 15 minute
average.....

I have everything working except for the recipient verification on mta03
and kavdaemon scanning on mta04. After I get everything working, I will
set mta04 and mta05 to only accept mail from the proper machine and
reject everyone else.

Let me know how we need to handle this. It has gotten to the point that
I am loosing clients over the mail situation, so this is very serious.