Re: [Exim] sample authenticator for entourage osx needed

Author: John W Baxter
To: Jonathan Vanasco, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sample authenticator for entourage osx needed
At 14:52 -0400 6/30/2003, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
>anyone have an authenticator for entourage osx?
>
>it seems to be the one client i can't get to work with smtp
>authentication.

This is answering a very old message. Sorry. But...as we are now using
one provider of outsourced modems where we're going to require SMTP AUTH, I
needed to [re, I think] test.

The message for which this is the Received: header for the transmission
from my Entourage to our SMTP server, there seems to be no problem:

address behind NAT>])
    by our.server with asmtp (Exim 4.10)
    id 19oGf7-0004xb-00
    for my@???; Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:05:10 -0700

This is Entourage 10.1.4 (released recently), but I'm pretty sure we had no
problem before. Just using authenticators adapted from the Exim spec for
our slightly odd LDAP setup (and, as far as I know, now fixed for all forms
of the blank password authentication problem).

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA