Re: [Exim] sendmail startup problem

Author: Jez Hancock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sendmail startup problem
On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 04:50:41AM -0700, Paul Baumgardner wrote:
> I'm new to this list. I haven't been able to find
> anything to help me
> out with this problem. When I try to start sendmail I
> get this error:
>
> root@dove> ./rc.sendmail start
> Starting sendmail MTA daemon: /usr/sbin/sendmail -L
> sm-mta -bd -q25m
> exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete
> option -L
> Starting sendmail MSP queue runner:
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -L
> sm-msp-queue -Ac -q25m
> exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete
> option -L

This looks as though you're trying to start Exim with a Sendmail init
script. Try starting Exim with:

exim -bd -q30m

from the commandline as root. If that works (check exim is in the
process listing) modify the rc script to execute the command above -
substituting the full path to the exim command as necessary. Better
still use an rc script specifically for your OS.

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/