Re: [Exim] Flexible Static Routing

Author: Vincent Danen
To: Harald Meland
CC: Terry.Shows, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Flexible Static Routing
--
On Sun Aug 10, 2003 at 04:47:53PM +0200, Harald Meland wrote:

> [Terry Shows]
>
> > Can you define multiple IP addresses in the route_list option of the
> > router so that if the standard address (192.168.1.51) is not
> > available it will use the secondard and go ahead and deliver it?
>
> Yup, see sections 19.4 and 19.5 in the spec.
>
> > (IE: route_list = host.com {192.168.1.51 OR 123.45.67.87} byname)
>
> That should be
>
> route_list = host.com 192.168.1.51:123.45.67.87 byname
>
> or, alternatively
>
> domains = host.com
> route_data = 192.168.1.51:123.45

I have a question regarding this. I switched fully over from qmail to exim
on one box yesterday and forgot that I had some smtproutes in qmail (didn't
notice till I saw some bounces this morning). So I'm trying to figure this
out and set up as my first router (before dnslookup):

staticroute:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = *.braindeath.dtdns.net braindeath-smtp.dtdns.net:1200;\
               *.tomdp.com braindeath-smtp.dtdns.net:1200;\
               *.steeplejack.ca 199.xx.xx.xx

I'm not sure what's wrong. First, I don't know if I can specify an
arbitrary port in this way; I think exim may be thinking 1200 is an
alternate host to deliver to, but I didn't see anything in the specs about
ports.

However, that's not my immediate problem. Exim seems to skip over this
router and go straight to the dnslookup router, which has me confused. If I
do a "exim -bt joe@???" it wants to deliver to my other host
which is listed as primary MX (that's fine for this machine, but eventually
I want to use exim on the other machine as well, so this will be a problem
there.. this host is a secondary MX for that domain). But this machine is
the primary MX for the the first two domains, and doing a -bt on an address
with either of those domains comes back with:

lowest numbered MX record points to local host: tomdp.com (while routing <joe@???>)

This makes me think it is also skipping this router and going to the
dnslookup router.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Should I have the three domains in
the domains = line? I don't think it should really matter.

I've also added those domains to my relay_to_domains domainlist file in case
the problem was there, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks a million in advance.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/