Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature

Author: Walt Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 04:55:47PM +0100, Tim Jackson said:
> - once you think you've reached a more stable, release-ish stage, you do a
> 'release candidate', with the rationale of "all the features which
> will be in the next release are now in, and have undergone at least some
> testing. If nobody finds any bugs, this will be the next release"

FWIW, I don't play with snapshots, but DO play with release candidates.
I have found (with other software) that snapshots tend to be quite
unstable. I can justify in my own mind spending the time to play with
RC's on a sandbox to become familiar with any changes in configuration
or operation so I am ready to go live with a final release.

Security patches are a different issue of course.