Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature
--
Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 16:29:18 +0100
> When I put together an Exim snapshot and ask for testers, a few people
> seem to try it out.
>
> If I do the same thing, but call it a new release, the world piles in,
> and finds the bugs.

Well, everybody knows the facts of software release:

1. Never use anything that is a 0.X release.

2. X.0 releases are always unstable.

3. Release X.Y (X,Y > 1) are stable.

4. Snapshot are just version that compile and core dump.

> I don't suppose there's anything I can do about this, but you might as
> well be warned that there will be a quick follow-up 4.22 release quite
> soon (probably early next week)...

*grin*

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318