Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 released

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Griffiths M (ISeLS)
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 released
On (2003/08/14 13:20), Griffiths M (ISeLS) wrote:

> The OS is a fairly standard FreeBSD 5.1 build with standard
> compiler.
>
> I'm not using the ports for Exim, building straight from
> the source distributions.

The port is designed to help with exactly this kind of problem.

Of course, I can't complain too loudly, because the port hasn't been
updated to 4.12 yet. Well, it was and then the update was backed out
because it caused problems with IPv6.

> Do I need to add the path to iconv.h (i.e. /usr/local/sys) into
> any of the Exim INLCUDE parameters.

1) Make sure you install ports/converters/iconv .
2) Add these lines to OS/Makefile-FreeBSD, after the LIBS=-lcrypt line:
    LIBS+=-liconv
    LFLAGS+=-L/usr/local/lib

Ciao,
Sheldon.