Re: [Exim] Variable max message size

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Simon Bell
CC: 'Exim Users Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Variable max message size
> We wish to be able to specify different max message sizes on a per user
> basis, for both incoming and outgoing mail.
>
> We are just going to store the sizes in a plain file using the format
>
> local_part max_message_size
>
> Which part of the exim configuration is the best place to control this
> type of thing? And how would i get it to search the file and check? Im
> guessing id use lsearch but im not sure.

I did this with sql but the users have a seperate in and out max.

Say: /etc/exim/max_size containing:
me: 12m
you: 1m
them: 500k

In the rcpt acl if the $message_size is > 0 (NOTE: not all clients send the
size of the message).
You can use:
    deny    message = Too large
        condition = ${if >{$message_size} \
                  {${lookup\
                      {$local_part}\
                      lsearch\
                      {/etc/exim/max_size}\
                  }\
                  {yes}\
                  {no}\
            }
Change $local_part to $sender_local_part to check sender.

Use the same thing in the data acl for sender only. You can't (iirc) check
each recipient in the data acl. I used a redirect router to do this, same
check and used: data = :fail: too large
don't forget to use "allow_fail" in the router.