Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:

> > if $message_size above 500K
> > then
> > mail .....
> > freeze "...."
> > endif
> >
> > Note: you must put the "mail" command before the "freeze", because
> > filtering stops with "freeze".
> >

> Hm,
>
> sorry, but this take no effect.

> I am using Exim 3.13 and 3.35.

Both old releases. Exim 3.13 is dated January, 2000.

Current Exim is 4.20, and I remember less and less about Exim 3, I'm
afraid. All I can say is that this works in Exim 4.

A quick search of the old ChangeLog shows this for exim 3.16:

9. The handling of "freeze" and "fail" in system filters has been
changed. Deliveries set up in the filter are honoured (previously they
were discarded).

I suspect that explains it.