Re: [Exim] large number of command timeouts using Exim-4.20

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Benjamin Ash
CC: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] large number of command timeouts using Exim-4.20
Benjamin Ash wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Do you think there might be any other
> possiblities for these timeouts other than routing errors? We are
> getting these timouts from edu's, mail.yahoo.com, and a host of others.
> Other sys admins on our network have not experienced any of these timeouts?

OS? Two things immediately spring to mind with Linux 2.4.x - ECN and MTU
path discovery, both settable in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 - ip_no_pmtu_disc
and tcp_ecn. With RH 7.x for example, both can be set in rc.local.
ip_no_pmtu_disc should be 1, tcp_ecn should be 0. They don't do much
good, anyway, in practice.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong :-)

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???