Re: [Exim] Virtual Users / Authorization / Domains

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users, ericn
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual Users / Authorization / Domains
hi,
i'm on this thing too, right now.
at least i can tell you that it's possible! :)
my configuration is with a mysql server that stores two tables:
- the local domains that exim will accept mails for
- the user accounts (e-mail address -> maildir; smtp-auth passwords)

i have a configuration that at least will take e-mail for the domains/addresses stored in my database. i haven't tried smtp-auth yet. still reading the doc....

if you're interested in the relevant parts of my config (mysql-based), please let me know.

and you should always prefer smtp-auth of mail addresses since the latter can be spoofed without any problem (just take anything like 'webmaster@<domain>' or so), whereay smtp-auth requires a secret password, too.

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@???