Re: [Exim] Problems after Upgrade from 3.13 to 4.20

Author: Jens Strohschnitter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problems after Upgrade from 3.13 to 4.20

> > 09:50:36 19kfXg-0006ML-6v remote host address is the local host:
> > samba-dev.rhg.de
> > http://www.angelfire.com/space/wdmdp/exim.conf
>
> The reason why you are getting the error is because of this router:
>
> routehost:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = "*.rhg.de:*.rwz.de"
> transport = remote_smtp
>
> which is looking up rhg.de and rwz.de in the DNS and then sending mail
> destined for those domains out to the host it finds. However, when Exim
> looks up those domains, it finds the address of the machine it's already
> running on - i.e. a loop! (hence the error message)
>
> What is *supposed* to happen to domains ending in .rhg.de and .rwz.de?
> Where are they supposed to go? Without knowing exactly what you're trying
> to achieve here (i.e. what is this server's function?) it's a bit hard to
> say what you should do.

Hm,

its a little bit complex to explain ... Our Nameserver has the toplevel-Dom "RHG.DE" any Mail that is sent like username@???
is resolved by a virtualuser.db to the longname (like Frankfurt.rhg.de)
of the internal Subdomains.

I think the old exim.conf of the exim 3.13 installation helps you to understand what this server should do:

For Exim 4.20:
http://www.angelfire.com/space/wdmdp/exim.conf
For Exim 3.13:
http://www.angelfire.com/space/wdmdp/exim3.conf