Re: [Exim] LMTP

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LMTP
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:00:07PM +0100, Ron McKeating wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to find out more about LMTP and when it is useful. I have
> read section 4 of rfc 2033, and though that is a good starting point it
> does not give much of an idea when LMTP is useful as opposed to SMTP. I

Hi Ron,

What we have used LMTP for is the fact that after the DATA phase it gives a
reply ~for each recipient~ whereas for SMTP, there is only the option to either
accept the message or reject the message in its entirity.

We used this facility in our content scanning.

Cheers,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???                  020 7903 3065