Re: [Exim] LMTP

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LMTP
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:00:07PM +0100, Ron McKeating wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to find out more about LMTP and when it is useful. I have
> read section 4 of rfc 2033, and though that is a good starting point it
> does not give much of an idea when LMTP is useful as opposed to SMTP. I

Hi Ron,

What we have used LMTP for is the fact that after the DATA phase it gives a
reply ~for each recipient~ whereas for SMTP, there is only the option to either
accept the message or reject the message in its entirity.

We used this facility in our content scanning.

Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???                  020 7903 3065