Re: [Exim] Exim 3.36 memory usage (with lookup ldap)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Douglas Gray Stephens
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.36 memory usage (with lookup ldap)
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Douglas Gray Stephens wrote:

> Earlier this week I spotted that an instance of exim 3.36 was using
> 2.5+GB of memory, so I took a closer look.

<snip>

> I have tested the same lookup in Exim 4, and the process only used
> 190MB of memory.

So clearly I've fixed the problem. :-)

Somewhere in the ChangeLogs there may be something that records what was
done, but there have been many changes since 3.36, and it would take
more time than I have to trawl through to see if I could find anything
specific.

I suppose if you really want to find out the change, you could compare
the sources of lookups/ldap.c in the two releases. However, I'm afraid
that from my point of view, Exim 3 is history...

Philip