Re: [Exim] Request for transport_filter_timeout

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dean Brooks
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Request for transport_filter_timeout
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Dean Brooks wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:30:33AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > > Now, I'd really love a way to specify that if the transport_filter fails
> > > to continue on with the transport instead of deferring, but that's
> > > probably asking a bit too much. ;)
>
> Actually, I meant that if the transport_filter fails or times out,
> simply use the original content before filtering ever began.

I understood that, but the point is that one cannot recover to that
state in the current process, because some content may have passed
through the filter before it timed out, and be on its way to the
destination. So the controlling process doesn't know how to continue.
You have to cancel the current transmission and start all over again.
Unfortunately, the detection of the problem is deeply nested in various
levels inside Exim, so this is not straightforward.