[Exim] SMTP+SPF

Author: warren
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] SMTP+SPF
Hi All,

I work colleague showed me a site called 'SMTP+SPF Sender Permitted From'
(http://spf.pobox.com/). It's quite an interesting attempt to help aid the
war on spam.

It basically stops email forgery, so you can block spammers by sender
domain. For more information please refer to the site as to exactly what it
does and doesn't do, or to the draft RFC
(http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-01.txt).

The author does mention that the ultimate goal would be to have native
support built into an MTA. For now there have been some adopters and it
appears that it will be supported by the upcoming SpamAssassin v2.70
release.

It would be interesting to hear your views on this and whether this should
be something added to the Exim WishList or best left for products like
SpamAssassin?

Warren