Re: [Exim] Second stab at supporting Cyrus SASL's saslauthd

Author: Matt Bernstein
To: Alexander Sabourenkov
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Second stab at supporting Cyrus SASL's saslauthd
At 10:20 +0400 Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:

>This patch against 4.20 adds the saslauthd condition, which is like pwcheck,
>but not entirely.

[snip]
>We haven't yet deployed Cyrus IMAP, so the testing was at most cursory.

I wouldn't say that! Cyrus SASL does not in any way depend on Cyrus IMAP,
so if it works it works :)

I'll try to have a look at this in the next week or three, but in the
longer term I might have a crack at writing a "sasl" authenticator (server
only) for Exim, which would be able to advertise DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI etc.
The SASL API looks quite straightforward, and the Exim's idea of an
authentication conversation seems to fit quite neatly.

Is anyone else looking at this?

Matt