RE: [Exim] Translating Sendmail....

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Translating Sendmail....

This is what I ended up with using real hostnames of course...

special_redirect:
driver = redirect
domains = "partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/specials"
data = "$local_part@$domain@???"

special_route:
driver = manualroute
domains = mailhost.domain.name
route_list = * destination.domain.name bydns
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

- - - - -

I ran through my test suite of addresses and the all passed as I expected
them to.

Thanks Phillip...

I've started testing real addresses obtained from the mail servers logs to
make sure everything else routes properly.

The result wasn't a working connection however as the destination server
didn't like the "' around the localparts, but I am confident that this would
be easy to add to the destination server. A quick fix would be to add the
ability to strip the quotes from the inbound address in Sendmail so the
ended up with the same result.

Just in case there are any Sendmail dudes that might see a quick fix...
Below is what I have posted elsewhere attempting to get a fix so that the
server can at least accept these the same way it currently accepts the
others...

Sendmail Question...

How do I get the following rules that currently parses as

  Inbound Email address                        Outbound
  999@???@mailserver.domain.name      999@attfax
  999@???@mailserver.domain.name    999@atttelex
  . . .

To accept also accept the following as the same... (Note they have "'s
around the Localpart and no "'s on the outbound)

  Inbound Email address                        Outbound
  ==================================================    ===============
  "999@???     999@attfax
  "999@???   999@atttelex
  . . .

I would imagine that something could be added to the Ruleset 3 and/or the
Rulest 0 rules to deal with the quotes and remove them and end up with the
same result...

The following currently exists under the various sections of the
sendmail.cf.
Note whoever configured this stuff didn't use m4 Macros...

#################

Under Rewriting Rules...

C{FaxPage} attfax atttelex vsifax skytel pagenet attinvf attinvt

### Rulset 3 -- Name Canonicalization ###
S3

R$+@$={FaxPage}                $@$1<@$2>
R$+@$={FaxPage}.domain.name    $@$1<@$2>

----------------------

######################################
### Ruleset 0 -- Parse Address ###
######################################

S0
#
# Old mail server (Still works)
#
R$*@$+<@mailhost3.domain.name.>        $: $1<@$2>
R$+<@$={FaxPage}>                $#attims $:$1@$2
R$+<@$={FaxPage}.domain.name>                $#attims $:$1@$2

#
# Current mail server
#
R$*@$+<@mailhost.domain.name.>        $: $1<@$2>
R$+<@$={FaxPage}>                $#attims $:$1@$2
R$+<@$={FaxPage}.domain.name>                $#attims $:$1@$2

Under mailer defintions... (This shouldn't need to be changed).

#
# Add Email Express specific Mailer
#
Mattims,        P=/emailx/emx4.2/bin/mailer, F=DFMPlms,
                A=/emailx/emx4.2/bin/mailer $u

I would think this would be an easy thing to add for someone that knows
Sendmail well...