Re: [Exim] exim and virtual domains

Author: Thomas Stein
To: Walt Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim and virtual domains
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 21:20, Walt Reed wrote:

> Hmm. Re-reading that it doesn't sound clear. Maybe I can write that
> better.
>
> no_more is the key as it stops subsequent routers from processing
> addresses that were handled by THIS router, but declined (they were not
> found in your aliases file) - otherwise they fall through.

Okay i think i unterstood this. Hm....i think.

virtual_aliases:
driver = redirect
domains = virtual1.com : virtual2.com
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases.$domain}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part
no_more

This router is only interested in virtual1.com and virtual2.com, right?
When a mail arrives with the domain !virtual* does this mail going
directly to the next router? If i have further virtual domains which i
wanna handle in another way i have to make a further router who takes
care of, lets say "virtual3.com"? Something like:

virtual_aliases_virtual3.com:
driver = redirect
domains = virtual3.com
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup for example a mysql db and so on}
no_more

Is this how it works?

regards
Thomas