Re: [Exim] FW: Pounded after drop in helo acl

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] FW: Pounded after drop in helo acl
On Wednesday 30 July 2003 07:32, Thomas Tonino wrote:
> Kevin Reed wrote:
> > Noticed that I was getting pounded by an IP after a drop in one of
> > my HELO ACL checks.
> >
> >         drop    message = You may not use an HELO of this system's

> I've never used 'drop' though and do not know how in works together
> with delay =. The delay works fine with accept and reject.

I'm not sure, but I'd say using 'drop' may be problematic if spamware is
dumb enough to regard the dropped SMTP connection as a comms error and
retries, but doesn't pay attention to the error. I'd stick to 'deny'
and live with the fact that the spamware is going to think it has
delivered stuff.

- --
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign
                                             X  Against HTML
Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security         / \ Email!