Re: [Exim] Exim + Cyrus IMAPD + Cyrus SASL]

Author: Ian Warburton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim + Cyrus IMAPD + Cyrus SASL]

I have a working system using the same components, and I remember facing the
same issues. assuming your cyrus IMAD and sasl components are working
correctly then use the exim commandline utilities to check the routing.

Here are some examples of the routers I have used

irax_domain_router:
     driver = accept
     domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual
     local_parts = lsearch*;/etc/mail/virtual/$domain
     transport = irax_domain_transport

userforward:
driver = redirect
check_local_user
file = $home/.forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
# allow_filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

# This router matches local user mailboxes.
localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery

Here are the relevant transports :-

irax_domain_transport:
        driver = pipe
#  data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
        command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part_data}"
        return_path_add
        return_output
        message_prefix =
        user = cyrus
#       current_directory = /

In order for these to work I have a directory /etc/mail/virtual with files
for each of my virtual domains, the files contain the valid email addresses
for the domain. eg *: user@???

hope this helps

<quote who="John Kelley">