Re: [Exim] rbl plus in exim 4.20

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Raviraj Jeyanolipavan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rbl plus in exim 4.20
>From: Raviraj Jeyanolipavan <ravi@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>Subject: [Exim] rbl plus in exim 4.20
>Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:44:31 +0100
>
>I am new to exim, trying to use rbl-plus in exim 4.20
>I have the following entries in the alc part of the configuration file.
>
>deny message = rejected because $send_host_address is in the black
>list at $dnslist_domain
>dnslist = rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net
>
>Do I need any other entries

You might like to exclude certain hosts from the check. For
example, hosts for which you relay email. My ACL which uses the
JANET subscription looks like:

  # Refuse stuff if it's in the JANET subscription to MAPS RBL+.
  #
  # http://www.ja.net/CERT/JANET-CERT/mail/mail-abuse/
  deny    message = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
          hosts = +rbl_hosts
          dnslists = rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net

where +rbl_hosts is set earlier in the main part of the
configuration.

>and how do I test this ?

Use exim -bh {known-rbl-listed-host}

and from the crap we've rejected this morning, use any of:

12.98.80.235
128.97.91.141
130.39.70.102
140.119.106.101