Re: [Exim] Intermittently connected host is a Windows 2000 s…

Author: Christian Vogel
To: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] "SMTP protocol violation: synchronization" error when using TLS with Outlook on a port other than 25?, [Exim] how to accept a regular expression on the entire recipient address and not just "local_parts", [Exim] exim rpm with mysql support for mysql 4.0.* instead of libmysqlclient.so.10 that is only for mysql 3.23
Subject: Re: [Exim] Intermittently connected host is a Windows 2000 server with dynamic IP
Hi Jeremy,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:04:04AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Any ideas on how to do it when the final destination has a dynamic
> IP? (I'd prefer to not have some dynamic DNS update the MX each time.)

> I am researching ODMR and ATRN and http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/ now.

As this site already mentions you should store the mails somewhere and
use a smtp-client to push the messages to the destination hosts as soon
as it authenticates via some arbitrary means...

I just wanted to add another SMTP-client I used some time ago,
from the qmail-author D. J. Bernstein: http://cr.yp.to/serialmail.html
You probably will have to add some wrappers for exim being used, instead
of qmail...

If I remember correctly some time ago UUNET had a simmilar process
set up here in germany (don't know where else). As soon as your dial-up
connection was established, they would connect to your local port 25 and
send you the queued emails. You could do this, too, if your users are
authenticated on dial-up time via a local radius-server for example.

        Chris