Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20 and Local_scan

Author: mb
To: Raviraj Jeyanolipavan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20 and Local_scan
At 16:53 +0100 Raviraj Jeyanolipavan wrote:

>I am trying to use local_scan.c from L001 on the web site together
>with McAfee's uvscan to virus check emails but on a test email I
>keep getting "UVSCAN_ERROR: couldn't wait for child".

Could you please verify it still fails please with my new script (don't
think it made it into the 4.20 docs)?

http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~mb/local_scan/local_scan.c

>A small test program simulating the local_scan.c code doesn't get
>these errors and I am unable to work out why this error occurs. This
>is running on Solaris 8 on a SPARC platform.

I've not tested it on this platform. Perhaps waitpid behaves differently?
(Or more likely I've got a variable type wrong.. and it happens to work
on Linux.)

Thanks for trying it, though! I'll look at it in the next few days in more
detail.

Matt