Re: [Exim] feature request

Author: Tony Finch
To: David Saez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] feature request
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 04:12:33PM +0200, David Saez wrote:

> Yes, but's that's not excatly what I need, I need to change the return path
> not the address where errors are sent.

Same thing.

    If an address for which "errors_to" has been set ends up being delivered
    over SMTP, the envelope sender for that delivery is the "errors_to" value,
    so that any bounces that are generated by other MTAs on the delivery route
    are also sent there. The most common use of "errors_to" is probably to
    direct mailing list bounces to the manager of the list, as described in
    section 41.2.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
FAIR ISLE: SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST 4 INCREASING 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7 IN WEST,