Re: [Exim] .forward filter and maildir

Author: Simon Alman
To: Jason Majors, exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward filter and maildir
Jason Majors wrote:

>Does exim's .forward filtering support maildir format?
>I've tried using this:
>###
>if not delivered
>then
> save $home/.maildir/inbox/
>endif
>###
>in my .forward, but I get this error in exim's msglog:
>2003-07-22 22:02:13 /home/jason/.maildir/inbox/ <user@host> R=userforward defer (-30): directory_transport unset in userforward router
>
>Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not supported?

It means you haven't set directory_transport in your forward routing
rule (the error may not mean much to you but it is correct in what its
saying), here's an example of the rule I use for transport and routing:

> # This transport is used for handling deliveries to directories that are
> # generated by aliasing or forwarding.
> #
> address_directory:
> driver = appendfile
> maildir_format
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add

And below is my userforward router:

> # UserForward check
>
> userforward:
> driver = redirect
> allow_filter
> check_local_user
> file = $home/.forward
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> directory_transport = address_directory
> no_verify
> skip_syntax_errors

Note the line that refers "directory_transport = address directory" i.e.
the transport listed above, I'm guessing thats missing in your config..

I hope this helps, have a read of the manual (downloadable at the exim
site) for specifics on what all the options do.

Regards

Simon