[Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?

Author: Troy Settle
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?
All,

I'm in the process of troubleshooting a customer having a problem
sending/receiving mail from some yahoo group thing. Apparently, these
are mailing lists?

If they are, is there a reason that Yahoo is sending the messages with
an Envelope sender of the original poster and not something like
'owner-some-group@???' ?

Looking through my mail logs, I see owner-this, owner-that, and
owner-something else. Dozens (hundreds?) of list servers. But I can't
seem to find any envelope senders that are clearly from the Yahoo group
thingies.

Where this is a problem, is that apparently, Yahoo! Doesn't do any sort
of sender verification. So, someone spams the group with an unrouteable
address, my Exim server rejects it, then Yahoo! Suspends the user's
activities because it's bouncing mail.

Now my customer thinks I'm on crack because I can't find any reason for
bounces (customer receives 80-110 messages per day on a very regular
basis).

Any suggestions?

--
Troy Settle