Re: [Exim] Questiona about callout

Author: Tom Marazita
To: dbenders
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Questiona about callout
Dan said:
> Hi, is there any way to allow domains with the reject log message:

> "MAIL FROM:<>"

> to be excluded in the callout in order to allow misconfigured servers?
> One way is to build a shell script to get the domains and hosts, and
> then exclude them in the ACL rule, but this way will need to maintain
> that list of exceptions. It will be much better to place a rule to
> exclude that.
> Does any one have a solution for this?
> Saludos....
> Daniel Bendersky.

Hi Daniel,

There was a thread on this very subject from
1 Oct 2002 with the Subject:

"[Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callout."

You can find all of the messages in the archive. There
are some good comments from all of the contributors.

I had desired the same thing as you are suggesting when I started
that thread; however, as time has gone on I have run
into fewer of these misconfigured servers. I have found them
sufficiently infrequent to where keeping
a manual exception list of the broken sites has proved an acceptable
solution.

At this time, I think I have fewer than 1/2 dozen
sites on my list that have failed to correct the problem.

I'd be happy to discuss my experiences further with you if
it is of any value!

Thanks,
Tom