Re: [Exim] amavis - endless loop in condition ?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] amavis - endless loop in condition ?
> > I discovered that when I send a virus-infected email to a user who has
> > virus-checking enabled, the virus gets detected and mails a notice back
> > to the sender about the virus,
>
> Nothing personal, but I have to say that I'm sick and tired of being
> sent virus warnings about viruses that I never sent, but which had
> counterfeited my email address on their envelope sender.
>
> Our users are also sick and tired of getting these nuisance warnings,
> and so we're trying to trap them in the mailer - which of course means
> I get to deal with lots of them (bleagh).
>
> Please, people: these automatic warnings now serve no useful purpose,
> and are turning into more of a nuisance than the problem that they're
> trying to deal with. If you feel it's necessary to send warnings to
> anyone, then go and look-up the abuse reporting address for the IP
> that's sending you the offending item, and report the problem to them.

I agree with you. I turned off these warnings on the mail server where I
work months ago. I realized what you stated here. When management found
out, they wanted it turned back on so the user knows they sent a virus (even
knowing that the user was forged in most cases). I think my point came
across and it's still off.