RE: [Exim] amavis - endless loop in condition ?

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: RE: [Exim] amavis - endless loop in condition ?
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Yves Thommes wrote:

> I discovered that when I send a virus-infected email to a user who has
> virus-checking enabled, the virus gets detected and mails a notice back
> to the sender about the virus,

Nothing personal, but I have to say that I'm sick and tired of being
sent virus warnings about viruses that I never sent, but which had
counterfeited my email address on their envelope sender.

Our users are also sick and tired of getting these nuisance warnings,
and so we're trying to trap them in the mailer - which of course means
I get to deal with lots of them (bleagh).

Please, people: these automatic warnings now serve no useful purpose,
and are turning into more of a nuisance than the problem that they're
trying to deal with. If you feel it's necessary to send warnings to
anyone, then go and look-up the abuse reporting address for the IP
that's sending you the offending item, and report the problem to them.

IMHO and YMMV.