Re: [Exim] A bit OT - apologies in advance!

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] A bit OT - apologies in advance!
On 7/15/2003, "Konrad Michels" <konrad@???> wrote:

> you login with you entire e-mail address as the user name,
> using a common password.

What an absolute frightening idea! That means anyone can get to any mailbox
by simply knowing their email address. Not good at all. Have you explained
this to him?

On my system you login with the entire email address, but that's because I
have multiple mail domains, but the passwords are still unique.

> There is one admin user per mailbox who can read everyone's mail.

Nope, in that system anyone can read anyone else's mail. There is zero
security.

Sorry if I'm not offering a solution. I'm just too shocked by the basic
idea!

Rossz