Re: [Exim] ACLs

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACLs
On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 05:50:35PM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
[...]
> check_recipient:
> accept hosts = :127.0.0.0/8

Is this aequvalent to the combination of 'accept hosts = :' and
'accept hosts = 127.0.0.0/8', I am too lazy to test.

> require verify = sender

Require that all messages not accepted by previous statements in the
ACL have an verifyable sender

>   deny    message = unrouteable address
>           !verify = recipient

deny with custom-message if we cannot verify the recipient

> accept domains = +local_domains

accept all mail sent to an address in +local_domains

>   deny    message = unrouteable address
>           verify = recipient

!**! Reject all mail with verifyable recipient. !**!

>   accept  domains = +relay_domains
>   accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
>   deny    message = relay not permitted

evident.

I strongly suggest that you reread
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_37.html#SECT37.8
at least thrice. Print it out like I did and understand the difference
between accept, deny and require. - Afterwards ACLs are simple ;-)
               cu andreas